Moving up the "Mazda Road to Indy" ladder system, American Spencer Pigot advances into the Indy Lights Presented by Cooper Tires for the 2015 season with Juncos Racing.
Displaying a gift for driving at a young age, Pigot captured his first karting championship at 10 years old. Pigot’s desire behind the wheel set him apart from other competitors claiming numerous podiums, pole positions, race wins, and seven karting championships including two national championships in only five years.
In 2009 Pigot transitioned from karts to the open wheel world when he entered into the Skip Barber Eastern Region. That year Pigot earned his first win in only his second start and went on to claim four other wins that season. Pigot ended the season on a high note winning the “Skip Barber Karting Shoot Out” scholarship award and becoming the official MAZDASPEED Motorsports Development Driver. From there he went on to compete in 2010 in the Ontario Formula Ford Championship, Walter Hayes Trophy, and Formula Ford Festival. In the 2010 BF Goodrich/Skip Barber National Series Pigot dominated the championship winning three races and five poles, earned the “Rookie of the Year,” and was chosen for the Team USA scholarship.
Pigot made his debut in 2011 in INDYCAR’s ladder series Mazda Road to Indy entering into the USF2000 Cooper Tires National Championship where he claimed second in the championship with three wins, four poles, and 12 podium finishes. He returned in 2012 to the USF2000 Cooper Tires National Championship taking another second place in the championship.
Continuing in Mazda Road to Indy, Pigot moved up to the Pro Mazda Championship in 2013 where he finished fourth in the championship with one win. In 2014 Pigot took his success to the next level claiming the Pro Mazda Championship and Cooper Tires Winterfest Championship taking eight wins and nine poles.
Pigot is proud to be supported by Doug Mockett & Company Inc., Vitamin-D Pro, Rising Star Racing, and Sparco.
2014 - Pro Mazda Championship
- 2014 Pro Mazda Champion with 8 wins, 9 poles in addition to winning 2014 Cooper Tires Winterfest Championship
2013 - Pro Mazda Championship
- 4th in championship with 1 win, 1 pole and 5 podium finishes
2013 - Ultra 94 Porsche GT3 Cup Challenge Canada by Michelin
- 1 win, 1 pole and 3 podium finishes in 4 starts
2012 - Cooper Tires USF2000 WinterFest
- Champion with 5 wins and 4 poles out of six races
2012 - Cooper Tires USF2000 Championship Powered by MAZDA
- Vice Champion with 8 wins (twice as many as series champion), 11 podiums, 4 poles and 4 track records
2011 - USF2000 Cooper Tires presented by MAZDA Winterfest
- Vice Champion with 2 wins and 2 poles
2011 - Cooper Tires USF2000 National Championship Powered by Mazda
- Vice Champion with 3 wins, 4 poles, 8 podium finishes and two fastest laps
2010 - BF Goodrich/Skip Barber National Series presented by MAZDA
- Champion with Three wins, five poles, 12 podium finishes out of 14 races
- Chosen for Team USA Scholarship
2010 - Formula Ford Festival - Brands Hatch, England
- Pole position, 4th in final with fastest race lap
2010 - Walter Hayes Trophy - Silverstone, England
- Qualified 2nd, 7th in final after contact
2010 - Ontario Formula Ford Championship
- Mosport, Canada - May 8-9 2010 Qualified on Pole, Finished 1st Race One, Finished 2nd Race Two
- Won "Skip Barber Karting Shoot Out" Scholarship Award
- Official MAZDASPEED Motorsports Development Driver
- Won in his first Skip Barber race weekend, Sebring, FL February 2009
- Won 5 Skip Barber Eastern Region races out of nine starts
- Won class in SCCA 13 Hour Endurance Race at VIR, 6th overall out of 55 entries
2003-2008 - Highlights (Karting)
- 2008 Mazda RoboPong 200 (TaG) - Most laps led, fastest race lap, NCMP - New Castle, IN
- Snap-on Stars of Karting three-time JICA Gatorz Pole Winner, 2007
- Snap-on Stars of Karting (JICA) - 1st place, USA International Raceway - Shawano, WI, 2007
- Florida Winter Tour (JICA) - 1st place, Homestead Karting Complex - Homestead, FL, 2007
- WKA National Champion (Cadet) *record tying five wins out of eight races, 2006
- Florida State Champion (Cadet), 2006
- Florida State Champion (Cadet and Easykart 60cc), 2005
- Florida Winter Tour Champion (Easykart 60cc), 2005
- Snap-On Stars of Karting 2nd Overall (Cadet), 2005
- Snap-On Stars of Karting Finale Winner (Cadet), 2005
- Easykart National Champion (60cc), 2004
- Florida Winter Tour Vice Champion (Mini Max), 2004
- Florida State Champion (Cadet), 2003